PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

what is your favorite army for tourneys?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
decado
Admin
decado

what is your favorite army for tourneys? Empty
PostSubject: what is your favorite army for tourneys?   what is your favorite army for tourneys? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 5:52 am

mine has to be the guard.

i run

2 command squads 2 melta 2 plasma in each one has krak grenades
both are in chimeras with heavy flamer upgrades.

2 sanctioned psyker sq in chimeras

vetern sq with melta and demolitions

infantry platoon with 2 squads 1 with commisar

vandetta
bane wolf

2 hydras
2 punnishers
manticore
this is my 1750 list for 1500 i take out a sanctioned psyker sq and transport and the bane wolf.
my 2k list has an extra guardsman sq, rattlings and a priest in there.

this is the lists i always use and it performs reasonably well

so whats your favorite lists
Back to top Go down
https://btswa.forumotion.co.uk
iamnothere

PostSubject: Re: what is your favorite army for tourneys?   what is your favorite army for tourneys? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 12:49 am

Right now? I'm running Tau which is a welcome and fun change from MEQ for everyone at the club Smile

It's not suit spam either.
Back to top Go down
decado
Admin
decado

PostSubject: Re: what is your favorite army for tourneys?   what is your favorite army for tourneys? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 1:48 am

i know what you mean when i play my tau i use 40 odd fire warriors

and 88's instead of hammerheads
Back to top Go down
iamnothere

PostSubject: Re: what is your favorite army for tourneys?   what is your favorite army for tourneys? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 9:10 am

My fire warriors did me proud this evening killing lots of black templars; unfortunately that only brought them closer and the 2 or 3 left tore through me Sad
Back to top Go down
Tweedie

Tweedie

PostSubject: Re: what is your favorite army for tourneys?   what is your favorite army for tourneys? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 3:57 am

I've never bothered with tournaments before, but I decided to get involved with one this summer. I'm using it as motivation to finish buying and painting 1750 pts of Tau. I find them somewhat trickier to win with than my Dark Eldar though. I've got Craftworld Eldar stashed at home too, but they've barely been out since 4th Edition.
Back to top Go down
decado
Admin
decado

PostSubject: Re: what is your favorite army for tourneys?   what is your favorite army for tourneys? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 8:37 am

i know what you mean my nuns haven't come out since 4th, and my fantasy stuff has only come out once in the 6 1/2 years at my current posting. as for the tau it's a pain that they are still using a 4th ed codex whilst almost every other race has had a reincarnation and with the shift in 6th to more combat oriented game they are going to have to fill the current lack of a decent cc ability with something, (well without having to kill off an a'un to get prefered enemy)
Back to top Go down
trev55555

trev55555

PostSubject: Re: what is your favorite army for tourneys?   what is your favorite army for tourneys? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 7:44 am

hi all ( tweedie who r u ? ) umm well i have recently been trying to use a squad of bllod claws into a allcomers fluffy space wolf 750pt friendly 6th ed tournament army. But alas I must now concede to the greater collective wisdom of 'netdom in that bloodclaws are rubbish Crying or Very sad. So Iam going to play with >

HQ x 1 rune priest + JOTWW, LL.

HQ x 1 wolf preist + plasma pistol.

Elite x 3 wolf guard + x 3 pf, x 2 combi plasma, plasma pistol.

Troops x 3 , 5 man squads of grey hunters ( better ws ).

Elite x 1 dreadnought + plasma cannon, cc, storm bolter.

wadaya think guys ?
Back to top Go down
decado
Admin
decado

PostSubject: Re: what is your favorite army for tourneys?   what is your favorite army for tourneys? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 10:56 am

Hi trev don't listen to the net talk if you put my guard list on the forums it gets slated even at tourneys people look at it and laugh right up to the point they have to play against it .

Net wisdom is some people's opinion that others have latched onto use the claws as a secondary assault unit if you don't have a wolf priest in there and a primary if you do
Back to top Go down
Tweedie

Tweedie

PostSubject: Re: what is your favorite army for tourneys?   what is your favorite army for tourneys? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 5:12 pm

@Trev - I'm Jonathan. Sorry it's taken me do long to reply - I only just spotted the question!

Since my first post, 6th has happened, and turned my experience on its head. Tau have proffed massively with move-and-shoot pulse rifles and rail guns rock even more now. I placed 12= (out of 32) in the tournie I went to this summer, which I thought wasn't bad for a first-timer.

Since then I've moved back to Dark Eldar for the 750pt Round Robin at Sultan. I'm now finding them much harder to play with. I used to run a Webway Portal list, but I can't make it work any more because you can't assault from reserve. Overwatch batters my fragile assault units too. Currently I've had one abject loss, one close loss and one win - in that order, so hopefully I'm getting the hang of things now...

All that said though, I'm definitely not a win-at-any-cost player. I'd always rather collect and paint the models I like, then work out how to play with them instead of just having multiples of the "best" codex choices.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what is your favorite army for tourneys?   what is your favorite army for tourneys? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what is your favorite army for tourneys?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BTSWA Forum :: Forum :: 40k :: Army Lists-
Jump to: