PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone have any tips

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ex-green

Anyone have any tips Empty
PostSubject: Anyone have any tips   Anyone have any tips I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 11:54 am

So I have just started FoW, any tips on how to get the best out of the US paratroops.
Back to top Go down
VonStauffenberg

VonStauffenberg

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have any tips   Anyone have any tips I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 7:32 am

Not yet.
My 1st Panzer Div have yet to encounter Yanks (or any Allies) falling out of the sky.
Am doing fairly well against the ground based ones tho'.

Have you had any games with them?
How did they fare?
What were the problems they encountered?
Plenty of discussion points there, I suspect.

Or are you merely considering them as a force?

J
Back to top Go down
archduke karl

archduke karl

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have any tips   Anyone have any tips I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 2:08 am

I find that our US para player will bulk out his plts with the HMGs, and then either sit back and wait for the assault as his veteran level makes it difficult to hit or storm forward and put that +3 assault roll to good use.

The only armour he fields is a SP tank destroyer plt so he works on either sneaking around the battlefield or a literal stirke hard and fast to throw off his opponents.
Back to top Go down
TimL

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have any tips   Anyone have any tips I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 8:00 pm

From Dave in Hövelhof (Paderborn):

"Get into hand to hand as fast as possible, they will beat most opposition."

Tim
Back to top Go down
archduke karl

archduke karl

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have any tips   Anyone have any tips I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 5:19 pm

A little more to add to my earlier post

Use the mortar plt to drop smoke and double forward ergo Truscott trot yourself in to a position to assault and then on your next turn let the grenades fly.
Bulk up the infantry plts with HMG's, for that integral support, use the plt mortar as a back up bazooka and whale on any tank or infantry foe you happen to run in to.

FoW is a game where close combat is the only time you will put your enemy down with little hope of their survival, (+3 inf save is annoying) and the Fearless Veteran US, Brit and Polish Paras, 8th Guard Corp inf with their hit as veterans rule and the Fearless Veteran German Fallschrimjager and Waffen SS will do that duty.

In a nut shell, follow the Napoleonic French example, go at them with the bayonet my children
Back to top Go down
Verbeej

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have any tips   Anyone have any tips I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 9:39 pm

Watch the Band of Brothers series, especially the assault on the guns on D-Day.
Use cover, get close, use the mortors for smoke or to pin the unit you want to assualt.
If yoiu can get a section of thses guys into h to h, you will rip them to bits.
Also if you have the points, LMG's are good to attach to your combat squads for defence, and can be used to soften up your target.
If you dont go for armour support, and depending on the Mid/Late war lists, go for as many bazookas as you can afford. They WILL take out a Tiger if you have enough of them.
Light arty( 75's) is not too bad but take the max you can afford for mid war. Late war you get the lightweight 105's as well. Less range but still effective.
For armour, the M10's have the punch, but really easy to kill if you cant get you head around the tank destroyer rules.
Shermans are ok, but you need a few of them.
Caverly recon is good at mid war, White scout cars are gun buses, you will mow infantry down, late war, the 37mm gun on the recon wheelie is great against apc's and trucks, and a lucky shot can bail out medium tanks. A really lucky shot will brew 'em up. But don't bet on it.
Also they can dismount if you are defending, so you get some more gun teams, mortars and zooks. Did I mention take lots of zooks.......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have any tips   Anyone have any tips I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone have any tips
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BTSWA Forum :: Forum :: Flames of War-
Jump to: